Physical Asset Management – ISO 55000
• Optimize asset management.
• Integrate asset management data from finance, operations and plant maintenance departments.
• Expose assets’ total cost of ownership, CapEx and OpEx, throughout their life cycle.
• Support physical asset investment and divestment decisions based on total cost of ownership of current and replacement assets.
Fair Value in Compliance with IFRS and US GAAP
• Estimate fair values in compliance with international accounting standards.
• Maintain asset register fair value and cost of origin books.
Purchase Price Allocation
• Allocate purchase price to the different types of assets involved in a business transaction.
• Compliance with international and local accounting standards.
Fixed Asset Management
• Initial and cyclic physical counts in compliance with company-wide asset definitions and terminology, coding and tagging.
• Develop norms and procedures to identify, describe and manage assets.
• Reconcile physical count with existing asset registers.
• Implement inventory and fixed assets modules of all major ERP, including SAP AA and Oracle Assets.
• Fixed asset management outsourcing: cyclic inventories, tagging, monthly analysis of additions, transfers and disposals, databases maintenance and reporting.
Physical Assets Valuation
• Real property, machinery and equipment, IT, communications and vehicles.
• Fair values.
• Insurable values and classification in insurance policies.
• Real estate and equipment values for collateral in loans.
• Liquidation values.
• Tax base valuation.
• Spare parts and warehouse stock prices for accounting registration and sale of surplus.
• Valuation of business units and equity.
• Valuation of brands, patents, technology rights, contracts, licenses, rights of way, non-compete agreements, backlog with clients, vendors or distributors, franchises and goodwill.
• Impairment analysis on cash generating units to assess recoverability and fair value of long lived assets.
Useful Lives and Transfer Prices
• Analysis of useful lives and depreciation criteria.
• Recommendation of appropriate useful life guidelines for accounting, tax and asset management.
• Valuation of assets, products, services, financial agreements and intangible assets transferred between related companies.